Monday 11 January 2010

Climate Change

Some of you, those that reside in the British Isles, may have noticed that we have had some snow.

And it has been rather cold.

I would like to apologise for this.

You see last Monday we started building work and had part of our roof removed......on Tuesday the big freeze set in.

The plan was that whilst the building work happened:

a) my eldest son would be at school all day.
b) my OH would be working away.
c) I would stay out all day swanning round the shops or something.
d) it wouldn't snow........

In reality:

a) the schools are shut.
b) my OH can't go anywhere so is working from home....from the same room we are all living in....where we sleep on the floor beneath a million blankets. Every time his boss phones I have to silence the children. Ha-bloody-ha.
c) I can barely get the car out, let alone go 'swanning round the shops'.
d) Yeah, yeah, yeah....it snowed. And apparently it will again tomorrow.

It's Ok though. I have a safe haven.

When it all gets too much I go and sit in the toilet, lean my head against the cold, damp wall and practice the art of visualisation.

Anyway it makes blogging rather hard - so apologies if things are rather stilted over the next couple of weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor you!
    Hang in there.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urrgh, sounds horrendous. When my husband next suggests touring Europe in a camper van/sailing round the world 'en famille', I'm going to show him your post and hiss, 'THIS is what it would be like!!'

    ReplyDelete